Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day twenty eight

Houston out the front

Exploring under the car

Today Chris and I had another long chat about Houston and his quality of life.

He is still enjoying going out first thing in the morning; but he no longer gets us up. He waits til we get up and then goes and sits near the back door. So he has no hunger and it's hard to get him to eat anything. Today I steamed a chicken thigh for him and he could only eat a few mouthfuls.

He is also sleeping a lot; and his balance is not so great.

He was busting to get out the front earlier this afternoon, but I had to drop Chris off to pick up his car, so he had to wait til I got back. By then he was passed out, grumpy and groggy, and after only a few minutes (and a wee!) out the front he stood at the front door ready to come inside.

I called the vet and she was not happy with his progress and has asked us to consider saying goodbye to him soon.
I will call them again tomorrow for an update, but Chris and I will definitely take him in for a checkup on Thursday. We know that Houston may not come home with us.

3 comments:

  1. awww, honey, I am so terribly sorry to hear that Mr H isn't doing so well.Big hugs to the three of you

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad! I am so sorry you have to make this awful decision.
    Take care, Kristalee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kir, this is not fair. Lots of love to Houston, and of course you and Chris.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, and taking the time to leave a comment xo