Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day eleven

The day after his first home chemo treatment I could tell Houston was feeling unwell. I was cooking chicken soup and ordinarily he would be driving me crazy in the kitchen. Instead he wandered in occasionally, seemingly more out of habit than anything else. I tried to tempt him with three different kinds of chicken, out of a tin, raw and grilled and although he sniffed and licked all three I doubt he ate more than a spoonful of any of them. He even refused fried bacon rind, and I once had a tug of war with him over bacon rind.

Next it was time for his medication and taking some tips from Kirrily I successfully gave him his two tablets. This made him even grumpier and he spent the rest of the day either avoiding me or barely tolerating my presence. Even when I made him a little bed out of hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, and taking the time to leave a comment xo