Friday, September 11, 2009

Day ten

The tablets and the gloves you have to wear to touch them!

Houston is such a little trooper!

Today he had his first at home chemotherapy treatment. It was very disheartening having to give him a tablet (well, a capsule) that I was only allowed to touch while wearing gloves.
And Houston is getting better every day at trying to avoid the tablets. Today I actually had to chase him around the house and carry him into the kitchen - I have no idea how he knew that it was tablet time!

After the three tablets had been successfully swallowed (two of them needed two attempts) Houston went and laid on our bed. He was sulking big time. After about 10 minutes he let out a cry - which both Chris and I found very distressing.
Every sign of Houston's discomfort has me wondering if we are doing the right thing.
We thought me might vomit so we moved him out in to the kitchen and closed the door. I then left Chris to look after Houston but told him to keep me updated on his condition.

Thirty minutes later he sent me this photo! He was outside sunning himself and he was fine!


He hasn't gone off his food yet either, in fact he has eaten more today than he has any other day this week. So we really hope that continues!

1 comment:

  1. He likes his sun baking doesn't he! I can;t imagine how hard it would be to give him tablets every day. Glad he seems to be getting better though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, and taking the time to leave a comment xo